Friday 7 August 2009

An Introduction

I have put a few bits and pieces about me in my profile, but thought I would add some detail. I've wanted to blog my book reviews for a while now, especially since I'm very religiously reviewing each book I read. So far in 2009 I have read 51 books, and I would deem this to be a slow year being as I got bogged down in Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle for over three months! That was a hell of a read - a proper slog, but very rewarding.

I read a great deal, but mostly across fantasy and sci fi, with a smattering of chick lit for those lazy Sunday afternoons! However, I have been known to try anything and my wishlist on Amazon just gets longer and longer with all the book recommendations from friends that I am now desperate to try.

I decided to call my blog Floor to Ceiling Books, because that is literally the state of my living room. I have far more books than I could probably ever read, and would most certainly consider myself a bibliophile. Charity bookshops and eBay are my friends! I buy books rampantly, always thinking that I'll get round to reading them at some point...

Okay, that is a little about me. The bulk of posts on this blog will be book reviews, but I'm sure a few other things will slip in, such as reviews of movies or of TV series that I'm wading through. I'm planning a rewatch of The West Wing at some point in the not too distant future, so look out for episode reviews of that.

I hope you enjoy and I welcome any/all comments!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I hope you have as much fun with it as I have. I'm a big fantasy fan also :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your welcome Nymeth - your blog looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete